Re: [Cluster-devel] Setgid not preserved in GFS2 with ACL

Le 25/04/2012 14:35, Nicolas Ecarnot a écrit :
Like on our other samba setups, we are using ACLs and we set up the
setgid bit on our folders (chmod g+s folder), as well as default ACL.
The access rights are managed via the basic windows explorer security
tab and is working nicely.

But on this new GFS2, I observe that this is not working the same.

To make it short, the setgid bit gets lost when a user creates a subdir.
[...]
My tests are showing that with ext3 and ext4, on the same server (and/or
on other systems), this behavior is different, and that the sgid bit is
preserved.

Just for information :

Today's further testing in the exact same conditions are showing that an OCFS2 partition is correctly preserving the SGID bit.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Ecarnot