Re: [Cluster-devel] bug reports

Hi,

On Wed, 2012-10-24 at 12:38 +0200, Heiko Nardmann wrote:
> Hi together!
>
> Since all (or almost all?) GFS2 developers (as far as I can tell) are
> employed by RedHat I wonder whether it makes sense to additionally post
> bug reports to this mailing list beside reporting them to the RH support?
>

> Kind regards,
>
>     Heiko

It depends what the reports are really... for those with subscriptions
and who are Red Hat customers, then using our official support channels
is the best way. That is not to preclude discussing the issue on mailing
lists too, if you want to, but by going through our official support
channels that does ensure that issues are handled in a timely manner.

Using systems like our ticketing system and/or bugzilla means that we
have bugs in a filing system where we can keep track of them, and where
we can look for common features (sometimes, being able to see several
different reports of the same bug, but on different configurations can
be very helpful in tracking things down). By contrast issues posted to
mailing lists can be more easily lost track of, even though they are
likely to reach a wider audience which can be an advantage if the issue
is something which another user already has experience of.

This particular list however, is intended for development discussion, so
thats mostly at the level of proposed patches for both bugs and new
features. So if you have a patch which fixes a bug in the upstream code,
then do please feel free to post it here whether or not you've opened a
bug for it,