Re: [Cluster-devel] Fw: some fence_virsh, fene_apc patches for RHEL6 backports

On 12/18/2013 02:42 PM, Bogdan Dobrelya wrote:

Based on your patch, I have sent a new patch to cluster-devel@ ; the main difference is that patch is based on current version (as there were several changes vs RHEL6). The other difference is that I have removed obtaining status of plug from list function because it can not work easily with UUID. Instead we call directly 'virsh domstate' ; on older systems there can be a problem with 'virsh --uuid --all' because '--uuid' is relatively new (yes, supported in RHEL6+) so I did not use this feature.
Hello. I believe, the device opt for "uuid" should be added as well (see patch in attachment). Correct me, If I'm wrong...

Hi,

The 'uuid' is detected automatically (via standard python uuid library) so for user it enough to just enter it as --plug/-n. The options["--uuid"] is filled automatically in fencing library if uuid is detected. The same approach is used also in fence_vmware_soap.

I know that documentation is the weak point and if everything will go as planned, I should spend most of the January by writing first drafts.

m,