[Cluster-devel] Fw: some fence_virsh, fene_apc patches for RHEL6 backports

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobrelia at mirantis.com
Mon Dec 16 16:10:55 UTC 2013

On 12/16/2013 05:14 PM, Marek Grac wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for a patches,
>
> On 12/11/2013 09:46 AM, Bogdan Dobrelya wrote:
>> Hello.
>> Description for suggested patches:
>>
>>> fence_virsh: I believe the uuid support is a good idea, cuz every
>>> spawned VM would have an UUID in its dmidecode, equal to its `virsh
>>> domuuid`. Thus, to fence it, we should not either know the domain name,
>>> nor query libvirt to find it out.
>>>
> Based on your patch, I have sent a new patch to cluster-devel@ ; the
> main difference is that patch is based on current version (as there
> were several changes vs RHEL6). The other difference is that I have
> removed obtaining status of plug from list function because it can not
> work easily with UUID. Instead we call directly 'virsh domstate' ; on
> older systems there can be a problem with 'virsh --uuid --all' because
> '--uuid' is relatively new (yes, supported in RHEL6+) so I did not use
> this feature.
>
>>> fence_apc: As I can see from my research activities, fence_apc is quite
>>> a vendor specific agent, thus it would require custom options for
>>> command-prompt as well as ssh-options.
> --ssh-options are already available in upstream
>
> m,
Hello.
Thank you for your support. I'd be glad to see it implemented in upstream.
One more thing.

As far as I was testing my Tripplite PDU device with standard fence
agents, I've tried to find any suitable agent for it (fence_apc,
fence_apc_snmp) but didn't succeed. That's why I've played with
cmd-prompt and ssh-options of fence_apc agent mentioned above.

But I've managed to succeed with customized fence_pdu_snmp (not with
fence_pdu tho) agent I created from fence_apc_snmp with minimal changes
(fixed OIDs and that is almost all).
I'd like to propose this fence_pdu_snmp agent as well (tested with
PDUMH20HVNET 12.04.0055 (snmp v1,v2c,v3) device). See a patch in
attachement, targeted for RHEL6 branch. I believe, it might be
compatible with any switched PDU devices, if slightly modified.

--
Best regards,
Bogdan Dobrelya,
bdobrelia at mirantis.com