[Cluster-devel] Fence agent for Tripplite PDU

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobrelia at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 24 13:36:40 UTC 2013

On 12/19/2013 03:31 PM, Marek Grac wrote:
> On 12/16/2013 05:10 PM, Bogdan Dobrelya wrote:
>>
>> As far as I was testing my Tripplite PDU device with standard fence
>> agents, I've tried to find any suitable agent for it (fence_apc,
>> fence_apc_snmp) but didn't succeed. That's why I've played with
>> cmd-prompt and ssh-options of fence_apc agent mentioned above.
>>
>> But I've managed to succeed with customized fence_pdu_snmp (not with
>> fence_pdu tho) agent I created from fence_apc_snmp with minimal
>> changes (fixed OIDs and that is almost all).
>> I'd like to propose this fence_pdu_snmp agent as well (tested with
>> PDUMH20HVNET 12.04.0055 (snmp v1,v2c,v3) device). See a patch in
>> attachement, targeted for RHEL6 branch. I believe, it might be
>> compatible with any switched PDU devices, if slightly modified.
>>
> If the only modification was done in OIDs, I will prefer to include it
> into fence_apc_snmp. We have already used a symlinks to run fence agents

Done. Here are 2 patches for master and RHEL6 branches for
fence_apc_snmp agent, with added Tripplite PDU support.

> with different default options and I believe we can use same approach
> there as well (e.g. fence_ilo3 / fence_ipmilan). Can you take a look at
> current upstream version and test it there? Ideally check if it will

I've tested the patch for RHEL6 branch with my Tripplite PDU. And as you
could have noticed, there is no difference between the patch for RHEL6
and one for master branch, thus, you can assume tests is OK for master
as well...

> work without additional switches or we should implement there a variable
> which will be set only for tripplite and not for apc.
>
> m,

As you can see from fence_apc_snmp's original README, it doesn't support
ganged or 'daisy-chained' switches yet, thus nothing was changed here.

--
Best regards,
Bogdan Dobrelya,
bdobrelia at mirantis.com