[Cluster-devel] Heads-up: retiring gfs_controld

Andrew Price anprice at redhat.com
Fri Feb 15 13:18:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

Now that Fedora 16 has EOL'd we have little reason to keep gfs_controld
and gfs_control in gfs2-utils. They're currently disabled by default but
can be enabled with configure option --enable-gfs_controld which adds
additional dependencies on corosynclib, clusterlib (discontinued) and
openaislib (discontinued).

My intention is to remove gfs_control* from gfs2-utils.git before the
next release unless there are any good reasons to keep them around.

Andy