[Cluster-devel] Removing obsolete fence agents

Marek Grac mgrac at redhat.com
Wed May 21 12:56:30 UTC 2014

Hi,

As fence agents are almost exclusively added last few years, we would
like to clean them up a bit. Some of them do not implement every feature
required by fence agents guidelines and it is getting harder (and more
time-consuming) to add it into them. This is a main reason, why we would
like to either rewrite fence agents to our fencing library (so
maintenance will be same as for other fence agents) or remove them
completely. You can help to save your fence agent if you will cooperate
with us on testing rewritted fence agent.

The list of endangered fence agents:

rackswitch
baytech
bull pap