[Container-tools] Rethinking Nulecule

Ratnadeep Debnath rtnpro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 12:01:48 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 6:30 PM, Aaron Weitekamp <aweiteka at redhat.com> wrote:
> I agree we should encourage adoption, zero barriers, etc, but I think we
> should go in the other direction with the spec:
> - focus on the high-level definition of the application and service
> discovery, e.g. I want to deploy and connect 2 services

Currently, the Nulecule spec does not offer a high level, provider
agnostic definition of application and service discovery.

> - we push artifact generation AND parameterization[1] AND application
> lifecycle down to the platform, e.g. kubernetes and openshift.

I am at a loss here. If we have a high level definition for the
application and services in Nulecule, how can we push artifact
generation to the provider? Why should the provider care? However, I
agree with pushing parameterization and application life cycle
management to the platform.

> With this approach we add value to the platform without duplicating. We stop
> chasing low-level platform artifact/api changes. We help people compose and
> distribute applications.
+1

Regards,
rtnpro