[Crash-utility] crash version 4.0-3.1 is available

Ken'ichi Ohmichi oomichi at mxs.nes.nec.co.jp
Tue Aug 22 11:54:49 UTC 2006

Hi Dave.

2006/08/21 08:54:02 -0400, Dave Anderson <anderson at redhat.com> wrote:
>> But this kernel had two symbols(node_online_map, node_data).
>> Can we get the node_mem_map of each node by using these symbols?
>>

>Hi Ken'ichi,
>
>Yes, that will have to be done for these non-CONFIG_SPARSEMEM kernels.
>
>Since we (Red Hat) are converting all kernels to CONFIG_SPARSEMEM,
>I don't have a test kernel or kernel/vmcore to work with.
>
>Will you be able to possibly look into adapting node_table_init() and
>dump_memory_nodes() for this new design?
Currently, I'm working on the partial dump command so that it will work
on SPARSEMEM kernels.  Maybe I could work on it after that.

I don't think that this new design is necessary at once. Because
RHEL5-kernel will not have a symbol node_data. I made linux-2.6.18-rc2
of RHEL5-config(from Linda Wang) on i386, x86_64, and ia64 system.
As a result, these kernels didn't have a symbol node_data.

Thanks
Ken'ichi Ohmichi