[Crash-utility] structure related information

ram ba ahobalram at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 22 13:53:49 UTC 2006

Hi all,
         I am writing a script wherein I need to obtain the values of kernel structures. I know that we can use "p  <symbol_name>" command to obtain the value associated with a particular symbol.
  First I need to identify whether a given symbol is a structure or a function or any variable. From whatis command we can identify the symbol definition. However if I will keep on invoking "whatis symbol" foreach symbol name,it would take a lot of time. So I wanted to know if  there are any files that contains only kernel-related structures. Could any one give me a better insight in this field. I would be looking forward for your response.

  Regards,
  Ramya

http://mail.yahoo.com