[Crash-utility] Difference in vtop with and without PAE ?

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Fri Jul 7 18:21:08 UTC 2006

Olivier Daudel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 1) I think, there is a difference in vtop when PAE is not configured and is configured (kernel 2.6.11)
>
> Any reason ?

Because it's a bug?

I'll fix that -- the x86_uvtop_PAE() and x86_kvtop_PAE() functions
are just forgetting to strip off the page offset.

> 2) Also an option should be nice in rd to see hexadecimal without the ascii part

Can't you just shield your eyes from that unsightly ascii output
at the end of the line?   ;-)

Seems like it would be more of a pain to have to type in the
option than get the ascii output.  But I suppose it could be done...

Thanks Olivier,