[Crash-utility] netdump netpoll bug?

Jeff Moyer jmoyer at redhat.com
Mon May 15 20:23:44 UTC 2006

==> Regarding [Crash-utility] netdump netpoll bug?; "Rohan Mutagi" <rohan208 at gmail.com> adds:

rohan208> Every time my system panics and my client is dumping the vmcore
rohan208> to the netdump-server, I get error "netpoll_start_netdump: called
rohan208> recursively. rebooting". and my client reboots. And I get a
rohan208> vmcore-incomplete file. I did a fresh install of Linux RHEL4-WS
rohan208> and still get the same problem. Any ideas how to proceed?

rohan208> google search for "netpoll_start_netdump" .. "netdump bug
rohan208> recursively" etc dint return any perceivable results.. any leads
rohan208> would be appreciated..

rohan208> also if this is the wrong place to post, I would appreciate it if
rohan208> i could know the right place to post this message?

That message is likely accompanied by a stack trace.  The contents of that
stack trace will be necessary to diagnose the problem.  Also useful would
be the exact kernel version, and the type of network card you are using.

The best place for this type of request would be Red Hat support.  If you
don't have a support account, then file a bugzilla:
  http://bugzilla.redhat.com/

My first suggestion to you is to ensure that you are running the latest
kernel available, which would be 2.6.9-34.EL for RHEL 4.

Thanks!

Jeff