[Crash-utility] crash can not read ia64 lkcd v9 dump

Bernhard Walle bwalle at suse.de
Wed Jan 17 10:08:02 UTC 2007

Hello Alan,

* Alan Tyson <atyson at hp.com> [2006-12-11 10:10]:
> >But first I'll fix the header format which _is_ different in crash and
> >our SLES9 kernel (and klcdutils), and if it then doesn't work I'll
> >come back to the system maps.
> >
> >Thanks for your help!
>
> There are two changes rquired to fix up the header format for SLES9.
> One is NR_CPUS and the other is a missing fiels in the dump header.
> This may be of help, it' what I've been using:

Sorry for the late reply ... :)

I hacked a patch that does that dynamically. The issue is that
lkcd's lcrash _doesn't_ have that problem because it reads all offsets
of that structure dynamically from kerntypes (the kernel has the same
structures) while crash does that statically.

However, that patch at least works for both SLES-10 and SLES-9 kernels
on IA-64 (I don't know why the position of dha_kernel_addr was
changed, sorry :)) and is better than recompiling crash. Maybe it also
helps you. It will be included at least in openSUSE 10.3 packages.

Regards,
  Bernhard