[Crash-utility] To display of local variables with stack frames

Neeraj kushwaha kushneeraj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 04:25:23 UTC 2007

Hi All,

This is what I'm trying to do, I have a pretty extensive module for
linux which does oops and panic once in a while.
 After the panic, I would like to find out from the coredump where the
panic happened and why it happened.
This would require examining the stack trace for the task that caused
the dump and also the local variables on the function stack. I can get
the stack trace using "trace" which is great

but is there any way to get into the stack look at the local variables
for each of the functions on the stack, like gdb?
Can anyone rescue me on this issue or give some idea how to go about
it to implement it.

Thanks & Regards
Neeraj