[Crash-utility] Re: Crash-utility Digest, Vol 35, Issue 6

Bernhard Walle bwalle at suse.de
Wed Aug 13 13:06:09 UTC 2008

* Dave Anderson [2008-08-13 09:02]:

> I'm not familiar with how SUSE handles kernel modules and their debuginfo data.

Also like you describe here:

> But, for example, RHEL kernels require that an associated kernel-debuginfo package
> be installed, which supplies both the vmlinux file as well as the "partner" .ko.debug
> files for each kernel module.

The only difference is that SUSE also has split kernel debuginfo data
while RedHat ships a whole vmlinux(.gz) in /usr/lib/debug/boot, IIRC.

Bernhard
--
Bernhard Walle, SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Architecture Development

“Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.”
       -- Albert Einstein