[Crash-utility] user-space enhancements

S.Iguchi iguchi.sg at ncos.nec.co.jp
Mon Dec 8 09:25:56 UTC 2008

Hi,

> We ported it to crash as a loadable extension, but only did the i386
> stuff.
>
> If there's enough interest we could see about liberating our internal
> code.

Cool.

I also have such crash extention module works only on x86-64...
and tested only with 2.6.10 and 2.6.20 .

# crash -s vmlinux-2.6.20-1.2320.fc5 /mnt/fc5/var/crash/2008-01-28-18
\:17/vmcore
  :
crash> extend elfcoredump.so
elfcoredump.so: shared object loaded
crash> elfdump 1
elfdump: write elfcore.1 done...
crash>
# gdb /sbin/init elfcore.1
   :

To enable dump shmem, add -s option .

But unfortunately , the module is coredump_filter unaware.
and has a lots TBD code .

BTW, Oda-san mentioned page swapout case on another thread ,
in that case , I decided simply seek to next page (same as ZERO page case).
sigh... i know its incorrect.

I think this module contains incomplete functionality , but
should be maintained in crash community .

Castor, how about merge mine and your i386 module ?

Thanks.

Seigo Iguchi.