JWW SPAM-bad-from [Crash-utility] enhance bt command

James Washer washer at trlp.com
Sun Mar 2 01:15:05 UTC 2008

I think you'll have better luck consulting the source code, and
disassembly to figure out what is on the stack.

For the example you've cited, if a given function uses an inode pointer,
it shouldn't take but a minute or so to determine where in the stack
frame this inode is located. (unless of course it turns out to be in a
register only, in which case you have to look for it to be spilled in a
subsequent frame)

 - jim