[Crash-utility] kmem -[sS] segfault on 2.6.25.17

Mike Snitzer snitzer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 17:48:57 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Dave Anderson <anderson at redhat.com> wrote:

> ----- "Dave Anderson" <anderson at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Ok, then I can't see off-hand why it would segfault.  Prior to this
>> routine running, si->cpudata[0...i] all get allocated buffers equal
>> to the size that's being BZERO'd.
>>
>> Is si->cpudata[i] NULL or something?

(gdb) p si->cpudata
$1 = {0xa56400, 0xa56800, 0xa56c00, 0xa57000, 0x0 <repeats 252 times>}
(gdb) p si->cpudata[0]
$4 = (ulong *) 0xa56400

> Also, can you confirm that you are always using the exact vmlinux
> that is associated with each vmcore/live-system?  I mean you're
> not using a System.map command line argument, right?

Yes, I'm using the exact vmlinux.  Not using any arguments for live
crash; I am for the vmcore runs but that seems needed given crash's
[mapfile] [namelist] [dumpfile] argument parsing.

I use a redhat-style kernel rpm build process (with a more advanced
kernel .spec file); so I have debuginfo packages to match all my
kernels.

Mike