[Crash-utility] crash on x86_64: how to dump arg registers?

James Washer washer at trlp.com
Wed Sep 3 02:02:46 UTC 2008

Well, the BIG problem (if there is a BIG problem) is not so much dumping
the registers as it is the fact that the registers may or may not be
"spilled" in subsequent functions.

Sometimes the args are copied to the stack, sometimes they are spilled
in the very next routine, some times they are not spilled at all.
Welcome to the world of "hard luck stack analysis".

Sorry I cannot provide a "simple" answer.

 - jim