[Crash-utility] Crash fails with the error: "crash: read error: kernel virtual address:..."

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 15:17:18 UTC 2009

----- "Dave Anderson" <anderson at redhat.com> wrote:

> Another issue with the port is that the driver was written for
> kernels prior to the x86/x86_64 merge.  So the driver's
> "./include/asm-i386/crash.h" and "./include/asm-x86_64/crash.h"
> header files will need to be merged.

Actually that's already been done in the Fedora driver, so that's
not an issue -- I was thinking about the RHEL version, which is
based upon 2.6.18...

Also, the Fedora driver does EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(page_is_ram).
So if you can rebuild your kernel, you might just add that
instead of substituting e820_any_mapped().