[Crash-utility] Breakpoints in crash

Jeff Moyer jmoyer at redhat.com
Mon Jul 20 13:07:55 UTC 2009

Dheeraj Sangamkar <dheerajrs at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I use crash regularly(everyday) and its fabulous.
>
> I dont know if there is a way to specify break points in kernel code
> using crash during live debugging.

No, this is outside the scope of the crash utility.

> There are kernel debuggers from some OSes where this is possible. I am
> wondering if there is a plan to include breakpointing functionality in
> crash sometime in the future.

I can't speak for Dave, but I'm pretty sure the answer is as I stated
above.  There are various Linux kernel debuggers floating around.  The
last one I saw posted was Jeff Merkey's debugger.  See:
  http://www.wolfmountaingroup.org/

There have also been multiple version of kdb posted over the years, as
well as kgdb.

Cheers,
Jeff