[Crash-utility] dev command deteriorates with new kernels

Bob Montgomery bob.montgomery at hp.com
Mon Jun 8 19:03:29 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 14:53 +0000, Dave Anderson wrote:

> I've attached what I'm going with.  I've added the capability of getting
> the file_operations from the cdev_map when necessary.  The block device
> code was also suffering from bit-rot as well, and so I put in a new
> collector function that uses the bdev_map as well.

Dave, this looks good.  Two issues:

1) Add "-f" to dev help?  (What does it mean to still be a "(none)"
device?)

2) The old code found the block extended device number (a feature added
to the kernel by a 25 Aug 2008 patch from Tejun Heo):

    259      blkext        (unknown)

Also shown in /proc/devices:
 Block devices:
  1 ramdisk