[Crash-utility] dev -p command fails post linux 2.6.25

bud.brown at redhat.com bud.brown at redhat.com
Tue Apr 27 16:56:45 UTC 2010

I've a crash extension called 'pci', its a direct replacement for the 'dev' command but contains its own (huge) internal database of pci information.  I thought I'd finished integrating oui.txt from ieee and pci.ids from sourceforge but looking at the code today, I have *not* done that yet.... hmmm thought I'd finished that stuff.  But, its on the todo list.  I wrote it about a year ago and haven't really done anything with the sources since then.

It only uses the pci information from www.pcidatabase.com at present.  I'll see if I can get this up on the net for use if there is interest.  There are two parts, you download the source pci id information from the web and run a pre-processor on it, and then compile the extension with the header file you've created.

The ext-pci.so is currently ~1.1MB in size.  Another todo list item was to shrink the size of the database via restructuring it but I don't expect more than a 25%-33% reduction in size at most.

Bud Brown
Red Hat, Inc
Westford, MA
SEG/Storage Team