[Crash-utility] crash can't handle virsh dump file

Gui Jianfeng guijianfeng at cn.fujitsu.com
Mon May 31 03:11:03 UTC 2010

Dave Anderson wrote:
> ----- "Gui Jianfeng" <guijianfeng at cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>
>> Paolo Bonzini wrote:

>>> Something like the attached should do it (untested because I don't know
>>> where the crash upstream repo is, though I have likely asked this already).
>> Thanks for sharing, i'll try it. :)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gui
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Paolo
>>>

> I missed all the excitement by taking today off.  Can you let
> us know how Paolo's patch worked for you?

Paolo's patch doesn't work for me. I run "crash" with the patch applied,
crash crashed. Here is the debug output.

crash 5.0.3
Copyright (C) 2002-2010  Red Hat, Inc.
Copyright (C) 2004, 2005, 2006  IBM Corporation
Copyright (C) 1999-2006  Hewlett-Packard Co
Copyright (C) 2005, 2006  Fujitsu Limited
Copyright (C) 2006, 2007  VA Linux Systems Japan K.K.
Copyright (C) 2005  NEC Corporation
Copyright (C) 1999, 2002, 2007  Silicon Graphics, Inc.
Copyright (C) 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002  Mission Critical Linux, Inc.
This program is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License,
and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain conditions.  Enter "help copying" to see the conditions.
This program has absolutely no warranty.  Enter "help warranty" for details.

/home/guijf/core.dump: QEMU_VM_FILE_MAGIC
^Mplease wait... (scanning KVM dumpfile)
qemu_load: "block"
qemu_load: "ram"
qemu_load: "block"
qemu_load: "ram"