[Crash-utility] [PLEASE NOTE] LKML and the crash-utility mailing list

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Tue Sep 7 13:48:10 UTC 2010

Please do NOT clutter the LKML with crash utility failures that are caused by
recent changes to the upstream kernel.

The crash utility by definition will require constant updates in order to
handle the changes being made to the upstream kernel that affect subsystems
that crash depends upon.

It has always been that way, and always will, and is one of the major reasons
that I generally release a new version every month.

While I do appreciate reports on *this* mailing list that spotlight the specific
upstream kernel patch that causes breakage to the crash utility, it serves
no purpose to post those findings on the LKML.  THEY ARE NOT KERNEL BUGS.

Thanks,