[Crash-utility] [ANNOUNCE] gcore extension module update

Scott Edwards supadupa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 12:09:09 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 1:44 AM, HATAYAMA Daisuke <d.hatayama at jp.fujitsu.com
> wrote:

> This update fixes a bug and improves register restoration for active
> tasks. See the ChangeLog below.
>
> Note that there's no support range change on kernel versions and
> architectures.

[snip]

Let me just send a shout out, and say thanks for gcore!  For reasons I may
never know (human error? communication?) a developer (vendor) asked me for a
crash dump, when he really wanted a kill -6 of a user process.  If you
haven't kept it in mind already, I am looking forward to writing out a new
core file of just the user process.  Not a high priority, but something that
would be grand for shipping off the user core when the crash dump is not
needed in whole.

Thanks again!

Scott Edwards
-- Daxal Communications - http://www.daxal.com/?from=crash+mailinglist