[Crash-utility] Unable to switch stack frames while using crash

Shashidhara Shamaiah Shashidhara.Shamaiah at mphasis.com
Tue Jun 21 12:36:34 UTC 2011

Hi Dave,

I updated the makedumpfile utility from 1.3.5 to 1.3.7 . When I run the
below command

makedumpfile -c -d 31 -x vmlinux_temp vmcore vmcore-new
The kernel version is not supported.
The created dumpfile may be incomplete.
check_release: Can't get the kernel version.
makedumpfile Failed.

Is there any other way to extract the ELF style vmcore file from the
kdump compressed format. Please guide me.

Regards
Shashidhara