[Crash-utility] non CONFIG_SMP support was: Re[2]: ARM support for CONFIG_SPAR

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Thu Jun 23 13:38:36 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Dave,
>
> Toshi's patch works fine for me.
>
> Apart from this, runq command does not work against my
> vmcore(non-SMP).
>
> runq fails with the following message.
> I am afraid it might be another CONFIG_SMP related issue.
>
> crash> set debug 10
> debug: 10
> crash> runq
> runq: per_cpu_symbol_search(per_cpu__runqueues): NULL
> runq: per-cpu runqueues does not exist
> crash>
>
> Takuo

This looks similar to the timer issue.  Since CFS runqueues were
created in 2.6.20, a new dump_CFS_runqueues() function was written.
But the function has dependencies on CONFIG_SMP.

Since Red Hat has not supported UP kernels since RHEL4 (2.6.9-era),
I haven't been concerned with UP issues since then, and certainly
haven't tested with them.

Patches are always welcome...