[Crash-utility] making sense of virtualbox .sav files

Scott Edwards supadupa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 20:53:17 UTC 2011

Hello,

I suspect the open source edition of vbox and the oracle non foss edition
use the same format for the save state files (ram and device info dumps).
The bulk of /proc/kcore equiv is in here, with other metadata. file(1) just
whines this is data...

If you have any information leading to use of this save state data with
crash, please advise. I've scoured all the places I can think of. For better
or worse, I'm not sure I can pull this off by using the ose code - it's just
a bit too far above my head to know I'm making a reliable export of .sav
files to kcore equiv outputs.

Regards,

Scott Edwards