[Crash-utility] loop in crash

Karlsson, Jan Jan.Karlsson at sonymobile.com
Thu Apr 26 06:06:07 UTC 2012

Hi

and thanks for your work with this problem.

As you expected crash silently just loops and I spotted the problem by turning on debug printouts.
If I include printouts for the "cache" address, the first value seems reasonable, but then it starts to repeat with the value 0x00000001.
Last, your patch solves the problem nicely. I get a warning about duplicate kmem_slab entry and crash continues to execute and issues other warnings indicating a corrupt vmcore file.

Jan

Jan Karlsson
Senior Software Engineer
MIB