[Crash-utility] bt: cannot determine starting stack pointer

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Wed Feb 15 14:36:00 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Dave Anderson <anderson at redhat.com> wrote:
> >> I don't actually know what the acquisition method was.
> >
> > Enter "help -n"
>
> Here ya go.  Doesn't mean much to me.  Hope you didn't want 32 hash
> tables....

It means that it's an LKCD-generated dumpfile, or some derivative thereof.

I personally haven't done any LKCD support for many years now, given that
LKCD as a dumping mechanism has pretty much been superceded by kdump.
But every so often somebody forwards an LKCD-related patch that I take
in as long as it compiles.

That being said, it's news to me that backtraces cannot be generated
for the active tasks from LKCD dumpfiles, unless it's some kind of
"live dump" or something?  Was there a panic or oops?  What's the
last thing shown by the "log" command?

Dave