[Crash-utility] Extension modules in C++

Petr Tesarik ptesarik at suse.cz
Thu Jul 26 09:57:05 UTC 2012

Hi all,

as part of SUSE HackWeek8, David started work on a GUI extension using Qt4,
which is a C++ project. One of the early annoyances is that an extension
module must include the declarations from defs.h, and we currently use some C
identifiers which happen to be keywords in C++, namely:

- struct namespace
- struct namespace namespace (in struct symbol_table_data)
- char *typename (in struct gnu_request)

Can I rename them? But you said earlier that the existing API must never
change... Any other suggestions to make this include file parseable by a C++
compiler?

TIA,
Petr Tesarik
SUSE Linux