[Crash-utility] Fix bug of list -h

qiaonuohan qiaonuohan at cn.fujitsu.com
Thu Jun 7 01:58:16 UTC 2012

At 2012-6-6 21:44, Petr Tesarik wrote:
> crash>  list task_struct.tasks -s task_struct.tasks -h 0xeede04f0+432
> eede04f0
>    tasks = {
>      next = 0xd79d6f20,
>      prev = 0xd55e6220
>    }
> d79d6d70
>    tasks = {
>      next = 0xc32c5320,
>      prev = 0xeede06a0
>    }
>
> Note that the first element in the list (the one which contains the starting
> list_head) is included.
>
> Based on the above, I'm afraid don't quite get the intended goal of your
> patch.

Hello Petr and Dave,

I misunderstood the usage.

What I really think is changing the start address from the address of
list_head to the address of the structure where list_head is embedded.

In many cases I use list command, I found I can get the address of the
structure where the list_head embedded directly. And I can get the
offset of list_head by -o option. So the offset, say "+432" in your
example, can be omitted. What do you think of such change?

Regards
Qiao Nuohan