[Crash-utility] multiple structs with the same name

Ben Myers bpm at sgi.com
Fri Jun 15 14:48:00 UTC 2012

Hi Dave,

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 09:06:22AM -0400, Dave Anderson wrote:
> [...]

Cliff Wickman (my neighbor down the hall @ SGI) sent me a list of additional
examples:

some duplicate structure/enumerations in 3.0.13
 d_partition
 disklabel
 dma_chan
 getdents_callback
 hpet_dev
 ioapic
 irq_info
 mm_slot
 move_type
 netlbl_domhsh_walk_arg
 node
 pci_root_info

These haven't been a problem for me yet... but I'm glad to hear that XFS isn't
the only offender!

> Anyway, for crash-6.0.8 I'll queue up a "set context" (or "set scope"?)
> environment variable that takes a kernel/module text address -- with
> a default of 0 to keep the behavior the same as it is now.

Great!  Thanks for looking into this.  For now, we're planning on renaming our
XFS struct log to struct xlog... It probably should have been anyway.

Thanks,
	Ben