[Crash-utility] crash cannot work for the newest qemu's core

Wen Congyang wency at cn.fujitsu.com
Thu Jun 21 07:06:07 UTC 2012

Hi, all

When I use crash to deal with the vmcore generated by 'vrish dump', I meet the following
error:

crash: seek error: kernel virtual address: ffffffff8180f1e0  type: "cpu_possible_mask".

When I specify '-d 8' to get more information, I found the following message:

NOTE: KVM/QEMU CPU_SAVE_VERSION 12 is greater than supported version 9

So I guess crash does not support it now. Does anyone have plan to fix it?

Thanks
Wen Congyang