[Crash-utility] "gdb" by itself ought to put crash into a "gdb" mode

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 21:08:23 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 03/14/12 06:37, Dave Anderson wrote:
>
> Well, ok, I kept stumble fingering the gdb commands, so here's a working patch.
> Under the covers, the "cmd_gdb" peeks into the command when it sees it is a
> "set" command.  It already does this.  But if it is a "set gdb" command, then
> it just redirects to the internal "cmd_set" function.  I also jiggered the
> arguments to accommodate the fact that the first argument is no longer "gdb".
> And I fixed the prompt to be "gdb> " to distinguish from both "crash> " and
> "(gdb) ".

OK, sounds reasonable...

> I also really hate procedures that go beyond 100 lines or so,
> so I did not add to the cmd_set length.

Sorry, but with respect to the cmd_set() length, I'm afraid that's not going
to change.  Since every other command does -- and has always done -- its own
getopt() handling, I'm not interested in forking it off to its own 100-line
function.  I don't care about the length in that case, conformity trumps
function length.

Anyway, I'll try to take a look at the patch's functionality tomorrow.

Thanks,