[Crash-utility] Adding a new command rbtree

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Wed May 9 13:25:01 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> Hello HATAYAMA,
>
> I am trying to add a new command can be used to display rbtree and
> radix tree. After some investigation, I find they are similar to the
> build-in command "list". So I send this mail to ask your opinion about
> making cmd_list to be similar to the command "struct/union/*".

Having radix_tree and rbtree enumerators is a good idea.

But before you get started, please do *not* pollute the cmd_list()
function with these two facilities.  Make it a separate command
("tree" perhaps?) that can branch and handle the two different
tree types.

It would also be helpful if the interfaces could be made available for
use by other commands, i.e., similar to the way that the "irq" command
uses the do_radix_tree() function in filesys.c, or the way that do_list()
is used by cmd_list(), but is also available as a general purpose function
for other commands.

Dave