[Crash-utility] gdb update for crash?

Lei Wen leiwen at marvell.com
Thu Nov 8 08:38:29 UTC 2012

Hi Dave,

Do you have any plan to update the gdb inside of crash, like updating to 7.5?
While I try to do it by myself, I met link error as below, any idea?
While I check the compiled code when the error happen, I find the gdb_interface.c not be compiled yet, so should it be compiled first before gdb?

symtab.o:symtab.c:function gdb_get_datatype: error: undefined reference to 'gdb_CRASHDEBUG'
symtab.o:symtab.c:function gdb_get_datatype: error: undefined reference to 'console'
symtab.o:symtab.c:function gdb_get_datatype: error: undefined reference to 'gdb_CRASHDEBUG'
symtab.o:symtab.c:function gdb_get_datatype: error: undefined reference to 'console'
symtab.o:symtab.c:function gdb_get_datatype: error: undefined reference to 'gdb_CRASHDEBUG'
symtab.o:symtab.c:function gdb_get_datatype: error: undefined reference to 'console'
symtab.o:symtab.c:function gdb_add_symbol_file: error: undefined reference to 'same_file'
symtab.o:symtab.c:function gdb_delete_symbol_file: error: undefined reference to 'same_file'
symtab.o:symtab.c:function gdb_patch_symbol_values: error: undefined reference to 'patch_kernel_symbol'
symtab.o:symtab.c:function gdb_patch_symbol_values: error: undefined reference to 'patch_kernel_symbol'
symtab.o:symtab.c:function gdb_patch_symbol_values: error: undefined reference to 'patch_kernel_symbol'
psymtab.o:psymtab.c:function find_pc_sect_psymtab: error: undefined reference to 'gdb_line_number_callback'
symfile.o:symfile.c:function find_separate_debug_file: error: undefined reference to 'check_specified_module_tree'
symfile.o:symfile.c:function find_separate_debug_file_by_debuglink: error: undefined reference to 'check_specified_kernel_debug_file'
main.o:main.c:function captured_main: error: undefined reference to 'update_gdb_hooks'
target.o:target.c:function target_read_memory: error: undefined reference to 'gdb_readmem_callback'
target.o:target.c:function target_read_stack: error: undefined reference to 'gdb_readmem_callback'
target.o:target.c:function target_write_memory: error: undefined reference to 'gdb_readmem_callback'

Thanks,
Lei