[Crash-utility] [RFC] display function param and local value for backtrace

Lei Wen leiwen at marvell.com
Wed Oct 17 02:55:10 UTC 2012

> Hello Lei,
>

> And it appears that target_read_stack() can be modified in the same way
> that target_read_memory() has been, since they are essentially the same:
>
>   int
>   target_read_stack (CORE_ADDR memaddr, gdb_byte *myaddr, int len)
>   {
>   }
>
> So just try cut-and-pasting the same #ifdef CRASH_MERGE section into
> target_read_stack().

Yep, it did solve my issue, now the backtrace would unwind happily to the next frame.

While I am trying to apply the similar logic to another thread instead of current panic one, I find the gdb would directly complain for "<segmentation violation in gdb> ". Haven't figure out what happened there...

> Dave

Thanks,
Lei