[Crash-utility] given a makedumpfile processed coredump, generate a symbolic backtrace containing the same info as a standard gdb backtrace

Seymour, Shane M shane.seymour at hp.com
Tue Sep 10 03:21:34 UTC 2013

Crash's bt command doesn't provide function arguments/types as part of the backtrace (use bt not gdb's bt). There's an extension module here that may provide what you want:

http://people.redhat.com/anderson/extensions.html#FP

There a lot of history on the mailing list about wanting to use gdb's bt command if you want to have a read of it.