[dm-devel] 2.6.0-test2-dm1

Joe Thornber thornber at sistina.com
Fri Aug 1 05:13:02 UTC 2003

http://people.sistina.com/~thornber/patches/2.6/2.6.0/2.6.0-test2-dm1.tar.bz2

Revision 2:
  MODULE_PARM is deprecated in 2.6. Use the new module_param() macro.
  [Kevin Corry]

Revision 3:
  Remove includes of <linux/blk.h>. This header is deprecated in 2.6.
  [Kevin Corry]

Revision 4:
  The 2.4 version of Device-Mapper scans for device-numbers in decimal
  instead of hex (in dm_get_device()). Update 2.6 so both versions use
  the same behavior.  [Kevin Corry]

Revision 5:
  Update the ioctl32 handlers for the 64-bit architectures to recognize
  the new Device-Mapper version 4 ioctls. The version 1 ioctls are still
  there.  If/When the version 1 ioctls are removed, these same files
  will need to be updated again.

  I have been unable to test this patch yet, since I have not had any
  luck getting 2.6.0-test2 to compile on my ppc64 box (not a dm-related
  problem).  But the patch is pretty trivial, so I'm pretty confident it
  will work. If anyone else can test this (on mips64, sparc64, parisc,
  or x86-64), let me know if you have any problems.  [Kevin Corry]

Revision 6:
  Missing #include

Revision 7:
  Use sector_div() rather than defining own version.  [Christophe Saout]

Revision 8:
  Some architectures define an extern function called resume(), which
  clashes with a static function in dm-ioctl-v4.c.  Rename static one to
  do_resume().

Revision 9:
  When multiple load ioctls are issued the reference count on older
  'new_tables' wasn't being dropped.  [Christophe Saout]

Revision 10:
  Table status functions now use dm_bdevname(), which displays the
  major:minor in the same format as the 2.4 version of device-mapper.