[dm-devel] [RFC] device-mapper v4 ioctl interface implementation

Alasdair G Kergon agk at uk.sistina.com
Sat Jul 5 19:40:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 03:58:12PM +0100, Joe Thornber wrote:
> Following on from the header file for the v4 ioctl interface that I
> posted a couple of weeks ago, here is the first cut at the
> implementation (3 patches posted as a follow up to this mail).  I hope
> the v1 interface can be retired before 2.6.  Tools are not yet
> available to drive this, but should be later this week.

Updated device-mapper tools (dmsetup + libdevmapper) are now
available for testing at:
  ftp://ftp.sistina.com/pub/LVM2/device-mapper/device-mapper-testing-new-version4-interface.tgz

This tarball also includes the complete device-mapper patches
for 2.4.20 and 2.4.21, also available outside the tarball at:
  ftp://ftp.sistina.com/pub/LVM2/device-mapper/patches/combined*

Updated LVM2 tools to work alongside the above are at:
  ftp://ftp.sistina.com/pub/LVM2/tools/LVM2.0-testing.tgz

If the new tools detect the old version 1 driver, they try to
fall back and use the version 1 API, so you shouldn't
need to keep two sets of tools around if you're regularly
swapping kernels.  [But this hasn't been thoroughly tested.]

Alasdair
agk at uk.sistina.com