[dm-devel] Re: [lvm-devel] dm-crypt - some info, and a few development questions

Christophe Saout christophe at saout.de
Thu Jul 17 12:58:02 UTC 2003

Am Do, 2003-07-17 um 19.24 schrieb Jon Bendtsen:

> maybe, we do need a CVS server somewhere, maybe we could get a "tree" in
> the LVM one at sistina?

Hmm, I don't think so. At least not for the kernel part. But if you need
a CVS server you can still go to sourceforge. Or I can give you an
account on my server, no problem...

>  I doubt we can work with others, it is a study
> project we get a grade from, i would have to ask the professor.

Hmmm. That's your decision. I'm just interested in the code, I don't
need to write something, but I can test it.

> > The latest kernels have a somewhat modified loop.c so that it supports
> > additional encryption again (cryptoloop.c), perhaps you can use some of
> > that code somehow.
>
> i dont understand what you mean encryption again?

Ok, with "again" I want to say that there was a separate crypto support
for the lookup device for the older kernels. A ported version (not
finished yet I think) was integrated into one of the last kernels.
That's what I meant with "again".

> i suppose it is possible to make it, i'll keep it in mind, it might be
> a small project for when this is done, and then i already have the
> understanding from dm-crypt.

I was just wondering. I think I will play with this.

--
Christophe Saout <christophe at saout.de>