[dm-devel] 2.6.5-udm1

thornber at redhat.com thornber at redhat.com
Tue Apr 6 16:03:28 UTC 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 05:20:53PM +0200, Svetoslav Slavtchev wrote:
> i know it may sound stupid, but could you please
> also relase patches against vanilla kernels ?

The problem is that -mm is our route into the kernel, so it is quite
normal for -mm to contain some dm patches that have migrated from
-udm.  This is definitely the case now, what with the global block dev
unplugging going and the congestion stuff that's in -mm.  I gather
that Andrew is getting ready to push this stuff to Linus, so maybe we
wont be so reliant on -mm soon.

- Joe