[dm-devel] 2.6.5-udm1

Mike Christie mikenc at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 6 17:35:30 UTC 2004

> Revision 23:
>   Multipath: rdac path selector.  This is just an example of what needs
>   to could be done by the ps to send a failover command to the
>   device. This example is just sending a TUR, and I just bascially
>   ripped off the rr ps's other functions. The point is that I have to
>   inject a command into a queue using blk_execute_rq or elv_add_request.
>   [Mike Christie]
>
> Revision 24:
>   Multipath: rename rdac.c to dm-ps-rdac.c

Hi Joe,

Could you drop those patches. I just used them to test the ps->init
function and sleeping/locking stuff, and as a RFC/example to make sure
using the blk_execute_rq or elv_add_request fns was not violating any
block layer guidelines.

The TUR command being sent just tests a path. The command I need to send
is a little more complicated (I mean ugly).

I just do not want to confuse someone with a fastt xxx, in thinking DM
has RDAC or AVT support.

Thanks,

Mike