[dm-devel] Re: compile errors in 2.6.8.1 in drivers/md/*

Sebastian Henschel shensche at xtops.de
Fri Aug 27 12:59:34 UTC 2004

hello kevin...

* Kevin Corry <kevcorry at us.ibm.com> [2004-08-27 14:51 +0200]:
> On Friday 27 August 2004 04:36, Sebastian Henschel wrote:
> >
> > hopefully i am right here... i just compiled a kernel 2.6.8.1 and two
> > similar errors occurred:
> >
> > drivers/md/dm-raid.c:1241 - the workqueue creation misses an argument. i
> > have set the flag to 0.
> > drivers/md/kcopyd.c:612 - the singlethread workqueue creation misses an
> > argument. i have set the flag to 0.
> >
> > the kernel compiles now, but i do not if it really is a fix. since the
> > machine this kernel was compiled on, does not make use of a software
> > raid, i cannot test it.
>
> Are you building a stock 2.6.8.1 kernel? Could it be -mm or one of the other
> common extra patchsets? I don't see any compile warnings or errors anywhere
> in the drivers/md/ directory when I build my kernel, which is mostly a stock
> 2.6.8.1 with a few extra DM patches.

oops... you hit me here. when i read your post, a memory was crawling back
into my mind. i already had this workqueue issue some months ago at
another place. it happens due to SWSUSP2 modifying
include/linux/workqueue.h so that the creation functions get one more
argument. so SWSUSP2 should patch the two aforementioned files and not
the linux-raid team.

sorry for the fuzz,
 sebastian
--