[dm-devel] Re: [2.6 patch] dm: remove unused functions (fwd)

Adrian Bunk bunk at stusta.de
Wed Dec 1 04:54:22 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 11:05:25PM +0000, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 03:29:40AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > Please apply or comment on it.
>
> Please check *why* the functions aren't used first.
>
> e.g. An alloc function with a corresponding free that
> never gets called suggests a leak to me...

I have to admit that I don't thoroughly check the code where I find
unused code. That's why I asked for comments on this patch. Ususally the
maintainers of the code in question know best whether such a patch is
correct or not.

Simply consider my patches as some kind of "list of unused functions".

> Alasdair

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.