[dm-devel] get_evpd_wwid

Andy genanr at emsphone.com
Thu Dec 16 23:38:12 UTC 2004

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 12:10:25AM +0100, christophe varoqui wrote:
> Le jeudi 16 d?embre 2004 ?? 16:38 -0600, Andy a ??crit :
> > On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 11:04:59PM +0100, christophe varoqui wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > what do think of suppressing the get_evpd_wwid() function ?
> > >
> > > Is it worth fixing this beast ?
> > >
> > I think it should be removed, or scsi_id should be integrated into
> > multipath.
> >
> Can you report success on just commenting out the if statement following
> "fallback" in devinfo.c ?

I did that, and it seems to be working fine for me that way.  This
along with using the qlport_down_retry=1 parameter on my qla2300 cards, has
allowed me to successfully pull a cable, and have no io stoppage (of course I
get some IO errors reported from those commands that were in progress I
assume).  I then plug the cable back in and all the paths come back up.

Andy