[dm-devel] Re: get_evpd_wwid

christophe varoqui wrote:
Hello,

what do think of suppressing the get_evpd_wwid() function ?

1. I have one bug report from Andy, describing an endless loop with an
aacraid device.

2. the resulting uid is not identical to scsi_id output : missing the
type prefix.

Is it worth fixing this beast ?

Nope. Trash it.
IMHO it's better to have central tools (ie scsi_id) and let those handle things correctly rather than to rely on our own, most likely imperfect, fallback.
scsi_id has a wider scope, better testing, and another maintainer.
Less work for us, and fixing bugs in that ends up help a lot more applications than just multipath-tools.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke			hare suse de