Re: [dm-devel] 2.6.2-udm2

On 2004-02-20T17:40:42,
   Heinz Mauelshagen <Mauelshagen redhat com> said:

> > > in a fabric, which come back online shortly later when all paths have been
> > > failed by the multipath target.
> > You think EIO is the wrong response to this ?
> In case all paths come back after a reasonably short time it is.

Can you define 'reasonably short time'?

If they come back faster than a single SCSI timeout: we are covered.

Otherwise, I'd say we should place the limit at 'We can only queue so
much until we run out of memory'; alas, the failure case which you bring
up is swapping to a fully disconnected m-p device under OOM, and that's
pathological.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb suse de>

--
High Availability & Clustering	      \ ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
SUSE Labs			      | try again. fail again. fail better.